Last Updated on Sunday, 07 October 2012 20:42
Caprice Choir (K-2nd grades)
Mondays 4:30-5:15 or 5:15-6:00 pm
USU Fine Arts Center Rm. 222
Genet Brown 245-4697
Kathryn Hadfield 753-2745
Areas of Focus:
1. Healthy vocal production 7. Fast and slow
2. Pitch matching 8. Loud and soft
3. Independent musicianship 9. Phrasing
4. Steady beat 10. Following a conductor
5. Rhythm and rhythmic notation 11. Concert etiquette
6. High and low pitches 12. Introduction to instruments
These skills are taught with folk songs and singing activities. We will also work on performance songs that we will sing in 2 concerts, one at Christmas time and one in the Spring. There will also be several other performing opportunities and choir activities during the year for the children to participate in. We are looking forward to a wonderful year and hope you will join us in this musical journey!
Parents are welcome to sit in at any rehearsal. However, we do ask that any siblings or visitors that become a distraction be taken out.
SAFETY – children should use the restrooms and get drinks before they come to choir. They will only be allowed to leave class in case of an emergency and then only with one of the directors This takes away valuable teaching time, so please make sure the y use the restroom before class. No playing in the halls. Please be careful of furniture in hallways.
Please drop off and pick up your child so they can be in class on time.
CCC cannot be responsible for your child before or after class time.
Class Rules: Please review these with your child.
- Respect other peoples’ space – children should keep hands etc. to themselves and when playing games should watch out for others.
- Respect the directors. No talking while the director is talking. Follow directions quickly the first time.
- No playing instruments or singing unless directed.
- Respect other people’s feelings – speak kindly and respectfully to and about others.
- Respect room - no sitting on stacked chairs or running behind piano/instruments.
- Treat instruments with care – play only as intended. Sit on stools and chairs quietly. If children are not respectful, they will lose the use of instruments/seat for a time.
No food, drink, gum or candy in class.
*Parents please note that changes to calendar or specific information for Caprice choir will be e-mailed. Please check your e-mail weekly for any changes concerning Caprice choir. If you do not have e-mail, please notify the instructors and you will receive a note. You may also check the choir website for information. www.cachechildrenschoir.org
General calendar for Caprice: (Subject to change)
Mon. 10th- Caprice classes begin
Mon.17th- Regular classes/Parent Day
Parents please come and visit class during these times:
Caprice A: 5:00-5:15 Caprice B 5:45-6:00
Sat. 22nd-Icecream Social and Pictures Merlin Olsen Central Park South
Caprice Photos: 4:00 Attire: Choir T-shirts and jeans Ice cream: 4:20
Mon. 24th- Regular classes
1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd Regular classes
29th- Regular classes- children may wear Halloween costumes if they want to
Mon, 5th; 12th- Regular classes
19th- Combined classes 5:00-6:00
26th-Combined classes 5:00-6:00
Saturday, December 1st- Holiday Sharing Concert and Dress Rehearsal Edith Bowen Lab School Auditorium
Dress Rehearsal: 10:30-11:30 am
Concert: 1:15-2:15 pm
Caprice needs to be in the auditorium NO LATER than 1:00 pm in concert dress
(CCC T-shirt, black pants or skirt, black socks/tights and black shoes)
Mon. 3rd- Regular classes
Mon. 10th- Possible performance at Sunshine Terrace or Maceys during regular rehearsal time
Classes resume on Monday, January 7, 2013